Contact me

Please leave a comment or contact me at:
mnharknesswebpages@googlemail.com

Sunday 14 September 2008

A new Star Trek inspired board game

So being a trekker (or trekkie - whatever) I decided I wanted a turn-based Star Trek Miniatures game and the only one I could find is Star Fleet Battles.

Two issues:

1. I wanted TNG era, it's TOS era.

2. The rules are so massively complicated that should the entire set ever be compiled into a single volume, they would spontaneously undergo gravitational collapse and become a black hole (credit to Douglas Adams).

Therefore, about last January I decided to invent my own. The problem is that no useful miniatures exist. Sure, Galoob Micro Machines are ok but I wanted a sensible scale. Answer: I make my own from Fimo. The result so far: these pictures in the next few posts. If you like them, please feel free the post your comments.

No comments: